Can It Really Be That Easy?

Right or wrong, I have always been intrigued by the seeming dichotomy between the “…my burden is easy” of scripture and the actual experience if walking out the gospel on a day to day basis. I fully believe that we have been given the free gift of “…life and that more abundantly” but my actual experience often seems to fall short of this ideal.

In all of this thinking and wondering, I am not trying to make excuses for my lazy sinful old self that crops up from time to time or my lack of faith that fully realized would enable me to jump off the fence that I find myself on.

I have been torn my entire Christian life with this dilemma—that there is
a way to enter into a completely overcoming life. I know this sounds a
bit naive but some part of me is still looking for the password that
will usher me into a life—that no matter what comes—I can laugh at my
circumstance and continue.

Knowing that it is there and becoming fully realized in it are two very different things.

In short—because I am really up to my neck in work alligators—I give you the following to ponder with me.

A friend of mine posted this video on her my space page and I thought it interesting enough to share it with you and see what you get out if it (isn’t that what bloggers do?).

So here goes…..

Worship Video

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Describe Your Ride. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Can It Really Be That Easy?

1. ded says:

I think it is easy, but that depends on to what exactly “it” refers!8^)

2. Terry Henry says:

Good point…you are not a mind reader. The post was in haste and I probably did not let you in on my thought process which is….One minute the weight of the world is on that guy and the next moment he is dancing as if in the spirit. It seems all his problems have been washed away.Reality says they are still there and he will have to deal with them tomorrow or some other time.Yet at the same time I fully believe that we can walk victoriously in the midst of our enemies.Maybe it is just that I haven’t allowed myself that space in a while and need to find the time (after the catalog goes to the printer) to dance a little myself.

3. Craig V. says:

There is a time to laugh at circumstances and continue. There’s also a time to weep. There’s a time to dance in worship. Blessed are those who mourn. I was moved by the worship video and enjoyed it. I think the only danger (forgive my analytical nature) is thinking worship always looks a certain way.

4. ded says:

Dance away, my brother, even as we carry the responsibilities of our given jobs, the “burden” of the love God rests easy upon our souls. We are completed in Him.

5. Terry Henry says:

There is really wisdom in what you speak. Why do we pigeon hole everything and then try and duplicate it as if repetition is the way into the kingdom of God. Not that the wheel has to be re-invented every day (every Sunday) but somehow our patterns have defined us rather than us defining the things around us.

6. Terry Henry says:

Thanks, I needed that.

7. Henny says:

Hey, that’s the greastet! So with ll this brain power AWHFY?